Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Lucia's

I have driven past the green awning of Lucia’s quite possibly 100 times, always wondering “what is this place?” I assumed it was a little deli, but in the back (hidden from street view) is what I like to call “heaven.”

My friend and I went on a Tuesday night. You enter through the kitchen, where I was tempted to pull up a chair and be the chef’s “taster,” but a waiter spotted me staring at the food and kindly led me to the dining room. Finding my friend was not difficult, as she was sitting at one of the TEN tables. I was immediately confused with the décor and was led to believe Lucia’s was undergoing an identity crisis, but I quickly pushed my confusion aside and my main focus became FOOD!


Being a very indecisive duo, we chose to split two entrees. We ordered the
Ravioli Di Zucca con Prosciutto e Noci (a much more beautiful way to say pumpkin ravioli) and Linguine alla Pescatora (linguine with seafood). We debated ordering an appetizer, but chose not to after our waiter informed us that our entrees included salads.


Moment of truth… Our food was amazing. I was practically dancing in my seat throughout dinner. Not only do I love Italian, but make it a byob and I’m
va in brodo di giuggiole (happy as a clam). Our pastas were perfectly al dente, and the portions generous. Maybe it was the entire baguette we managed to eat before our meal arrived, but we definitely had leftovers.


After dinner we wandered towards the deli part in front where I purchased some delicious biscotti which we had for dessert on the ride home!

Overall, Lucia’s is definitely a hidden gem worth visiting. Just don’t expect them to let you stand in their kitchen drooling… (and trust me, you will).

Lucia’s Gourmet Italian

1825 West North Avenue
Chicago, IL
(773) 292-9700
http://www.luciaschicago.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment